Matt Alderton should have been born with a red pen in his hand. In grade school, he was the best speller in his class and the only kid who knew how to properly use a semicolon. In high school, he was the only Spanish student who actually knew what the words “conjugate” and “subjunctive” meant. Today, he’s a full-grown editor who regularly spots spelling, grammar and vocabulary errors on restaurant menus, in everyday e-mails and even in his peers’ published articles.
Because nothing can tarnish one’s professionalism and credibility faster than a misspelled word or a misplaced mark of punctuation, Matt helps his clients build credible business images, one period, comma and question mark at a time. Clean copy, after all, is effective copy.
When you hire Matt as your editor, you’ll get:
- Pristine, error-free copy
- Meticulous line editing courtesy of a persnickety copyeditor
- Constructive feedback on your content
- Copy that’s consistent with your voice, style, standards and brand identity
- A writer who can finesse existing copy and smooth over trouble spots
- Suggestions on subject matter, structure and organization
- Copy that conforms to professional standards: AP, MLA or Chicago style
- Editing articles
- Editing Web pages
- Editing marketing materials
- Editing sales collateral
- Editing books
- Editing newsletters
- Editing proposals
- Editing event programs
- Line editing
- Spell checking
- Content critique
- And more!